What We Do
The Sex Information and Education Council of Canada (SIECCAN) is a not for profit charitable organization established in 1964 that works with health professionals, educators, community organizations, governments, and corporate partners to promote sexual and reproductive health. SIECCAN’s work is overseen by a ten-member Board of Directors. SIECCAN’s current Board Chairperson is Stephen Holzapfel, M.D., Women’s College Hospital/University of Toronto.
Executive Director: Alex McKay, Ph.D.
Project Manager/Research Associate: Jocelyn Wentland, Ph.D.
Extensive track record in sexual health promotion in Canada
SIECCAN can provide:
- Expert consultation
- Research design and dissemination
- Sexual health content/resource development for professional, student, and public audiences
- Literature review and analysis
- Policy development expertise
For more information on how your group or organization can utilize SIECCAN’s expertise and services, call (416-466-5304) or contact us via our online form.
Some of SIECCAN’s current and previous collaborations include:
- Trojan Sexual Health Division, Church & Dwight Canada
- CATIE: Canada’s Source for HIV and Hepatitis C Information
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada
- City of Toronto, Department of Public Health
- Ophea (Ontario physical and health educators association)
- Action Canada for Sexual Health and Rights (formerly Canadian Federation for Sexual Health)
The Canadian Journal of Human Sexuality (CJHS)
SIECCAN publishes The Canadian Journal of Human Sexuality (CJHS). Published since 1992, CJHS is a scholarly, peer reviewed journal publishing research from a variety of disciplines related to the study of human sexuality. The journal prioritizes the publication of scholarship addressing the sexuality and sexual health of Canadians.